Sinagoga no interior de Pernambuco
Last Sunday, 25, we celebrated Channukah with a new Synagogue, Maguen Abraham, built in a small village - Brejo da Madre de Deus - in the interior of Pernambuco. It´s a poor community of hand labourers, some of them don´t have water and energy at home, but they got strengh enough to build their Synagogue, and now they have a place where to pray and be grateful for G´d having opened His arms to them. Maguen Abraham was possible only because G´d allowed it, wanted it from them. This Synagogue was built BY MARRANOS TO MARRANOS (hand, money and soul). They are about 40 people, a living proof of our existence in Northeastern Brazil and of the willing and power to resist and go ahead in search of our G´d, respecting the Law and our ancestors, with or without aprouvement and permission.
Something begin to happen here, in Brazil:
- marranos build a Synagogue;
- a marrano (Joao Medeiros) wrote a book to tell our History (Nos Passos do Retorno - On the Paths of Return), though the book was just a "complement" for those who is near him. Joao is avaiable to teach and give us orientation whenever we need;
- a marrano doctor (Luciano Oliveira) is at disposal of a village to make their Brit Milah. He will come to Brejo da Madre de Deus in January and spend his hollidays to do his "obligation";
- a marrano (Ricardo Trigueiro) spends his resting days to give support and instruction to marranos in small cities;
- Marranos are going to build a NEW SYNAGOGUE IN CAMPINA GRANDE (Paraíba)!!! It will be ready in 7 months.
There are many others envolved in this work, I just want you to know some of them. Finally, we are successful, we are united, we can build our way to G´d. Can you feel what I am talking about??
I am sending four pics in advance to show you the Synagogue Maguen Abraham. As soon as possible I will send the others (45). I guess I will publish them on a album on line, so everyone can watch them.
May Hashem bless us all (and forgive me for my pride).